What is Nash Exchange?
Nash Exchange is a decentralized financial service platform registered in Liechtenstein.
In 2017, Nash was founded by five open-source blockchain developers on three different continents.
Nash is a rebrand of the earlier project Neon Exchange (NEX). It will, however, still use the same token in its operation,which also goes by the NEX ticker.
Nash team members have built core infrastructure on the NEO blockchain.
According to the founders, the platform will improve the decentralized exchange concept.
In his presentation, Fabio CANESIN (Co-Founder of City of Zion and Nash), described it as a “financial platform” for the future digital economy.
Nash wants to bring distributed finance to everyone.
Providing a safe and user-friendly experience – for anyone.
What is a DEX?
“A DEX is a decentralized exchange and is essentially a new type of pair matching that allows people to place orders and trade cryptocurrencies without an intermediary institution managing the ledger or controlling user funds.”
DEX vs Centralized Exchanges (CE)
I will cover the general differences between a DEX and centralized exchanges.
- Governments can ban a centralized exchange but it is impossible to ban a DEX.
- If you use a centralized exchange, you have to trust a third-party. With DEX, trust will not be a problem as there is no third-party involvement.
- Centralized exchanges are more user-friendly when compared with DEXs. However, Nash Exchange will solve this problem as a DEX. Nash seems very user-friendly.
- Centralized exchanges have more liquidity when compared with a DEX.
- Some experts informed that about 99% of cryptocurrency trade still happens on CE.
- Some CEs allow users to exchange fiat currency for cryptocurrency and vice versa. There is no DEX right now with fiat currency. Nash Exchange is the first DEX with fiat on- and off-ramps.
- CEs are immune to hacks. DEX nodes are distributed so DEX users experience lower risk.
- DEX has higher level of privacy when compared with a CE.
- Centralized Exchanges have more scalability than DEXs. However, Nash Exchange can compete with a CE.
Nash (NEX) ICO
Nash ICO was the best ICO of 2018 for ICO investors.
Token sale ended on September 14, 2018.
Nash fundraised $21.800.000.
In 2018, almost every ICO dropped below ICO price, however, Nash is still over the ICO price which was 1 USD.
Nash Referral Program
Nash announced a referral program on the official website which designed to drive users to the upcoming exchange.
Under the terms of the referral program, users will receive one “ticket” for signing up and two tickets for each successful referral.
The tickets represent chances to draw for 34 prizes, together totalling $100,000 USD worth of Bitcoin and 46,000 Nash (NEX) tokens.
In order to activate the “Ticket”, you have to place an order after the exchange launch.
Only tickets activated by accounts with a portfolio balance of at least $25 at the time of the draw will be counted as valid.
Nash is backed by market-leading investment firms such as FLYBRIDGE Capital, NEO Global Capital, Connect Capital, ARIA, BADWATER Capital, KR1, FATHOM Labs.
What makes Nash Exchange so Special?
- Unlike a traditional exchange, Nash will facilitate cross-chain trading of a variety of assets. The platform has an off-chain engine with on chain smart contracts.
- It is a security token approved by regulators at the Financial Market Authority (FMA) of Liechtenstein.It is the first digitally token that fully registered as a European security. It has many benefit such as protection against market manipulation, fraud and insider trading.
- As it is DEX, Nash will never hold your funds, meaning, you will always be in 100% control of your funds. Off-chain matching engine is itself a distributed system, adding extra protection
- It is the first DEX with fiat on- and off-ramps.
- A very user-friendly platform which is necessary for adaption.
- You can always be able to withdraw/deposit your funds.
- Nash Exchange can compete with the speed and volume of centralized exchanges.
- The system isn’t limited to just one blockchain. What they offer is, trading across a number of chains and aim to support all major digital assets.
- There is a off-chain matching engine which can handle complex order types such as market and limit orders.
- They have a plan to offer margin trading in the future.
- It has currency conversion. (automatic)
- They will launch a mobile wallet with trading application which can also bring more adaption.
- There is also a plan to support users from the USA.
Nash will launch their Beta on March 31, 2019.
How to Buy Nash?
Nash is currently trading on TOKOK Exchange with ETH and BTC pairs. (With NEX ticker).
Nash Exchange is currently on my Top 10 List.
I am eagerly waiting for the the Beta Launch.
Nash holders and community is really expecting too many developments and growth from the Nash Exchange.
In my opinion, Nash will improve the DEX concept which is very valuable to the market.
We all need more decentralized and user-friendly exchanges for mass adaption.
I hope Nash Exchange will be the first step for it.